Monday, February 05, 2007

Evening

Mark got a little too self-confident last night and tried twice to get out of bed himself to get to the toilet. Each time he slipped to the floor - not a real fall - and thankfully he didn't get hurt. Nonetheless, they added a mesh tent to his bed so it can't happen again. Previously I could help him out of bed and his chair to the bathroom and shower, but now he had to have a nurse or therapist to help him.

He was also transferred to the other wing of the second floor where the "higher level" patients are. This is the step before discharge. His team is meeting tomorrow and we may have a tentative discharge date.

Not only does he have a smaller and older room (no longer in the nice new wing where he had been) but he has a room mate named...what else...Ernest!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Keep it up--keep trying...but listen to what they tell you just the same. Gotta take it easy as it comes.
Wish I could find my way to Phily, I'd come in there and bother you, get you talking guns and drive everyone else nuts.

'Spensah'

Kelley said...

...and he was playibg basketball?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark ... wish I could come visit and hear your twisted, clever take on the world, but I'm down here in Carolina. Been reading up on your amazing progress on this blog, so thanks to Christine and all for keeping it up. Keep your chin up and continue to get better!

Ken McCluskey

ben_okopnik said...

I'm teaching in Boston this week, will be in LA next week, and then NYC for another week; after that, I'm headed down to DC, which means I'll come bothering the Markster somewhere between the 23rd and the 25th. By that time, I have no doubt that he'll be raising the roof, raising hell, and rasslin' gators.

Christine, I'm sorry to tell you that I still don't know whether I'll be helping him or you. :) In any case, it'll be fun.

-- Ben and Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey.... get Rico his pistols (light loads of course) and practice his eye hand coodination : ) OK, then the DUCK HUNT video game .... gotta keep practicin' !!!! Quinton is only a few weeks away!
Deacon