Wednesday, July 25, 2007

At the end, at the beginning

I finally finished reading all the blog entries and comments up to today.
I cannot thank Chris enough for creating it in the first place.
Nor can I adequately thank all those who dropped in to check on me and wrote their comments.
Now that I'm back to what passes for normal (barring a few deficits we hope will get better), I'm now faced with the ugly realization that, since I'm not going to die just now, I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. (The purported last words of the Buddha were "Strive on with diligence." Can't think of a better slogan to live one's life by.)
So, expect some more writing (especially if that publisher ever decides to buy my novel), maybe some video, and as much general hell-raising as I can get up to.
Visitors, electronic or physical, always welcome.
Know that I love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really didn't buy the novel, Mark, I simply prayed and I think somebody ate some mighty thick paper that day.

The lone flag pic you attached was great. I put it in a box with a ribbon on top and somehow you decided to sleep in about then. Mom loved the book, and the box, and the ribbon...we were all so worried about you...but that was awhile back.

I still haven't framed the composite Lily/farm pic, but geez it was profound, fuckin A.

I remember the HERO thing as we smoked on the porch...so keep it in mind when we think about Dad's. I guess we hear the music now and I'm so glad we're allowed to listen.

xxoo Kevin

Anonymous said...

ps I made the dick comment and I know you love us...