Thursday, May 10, 2007

He's back...

Okay, you weasels, it's really me and I'm going to write it like it is, so hang on.
This has been one of the least-fun experiences of my life, and I wouldn't wish it on more than one or two of my worst enemies.
Christine, my dearly beloved, is to be continually acknowledged as the sole reason I've made it this far, and this well.
It is to be remembered that, at the beginning of all this, I was basically dead.
Not really dead, as Billy Crystal said in The Princess Bride, but mostly dead.
Through the kindnesses of the docs and nurses at the hospital, however, I made it out mostly alive.
Now the nurses at Day Rehab have ahold of me, and aren't letting go.
They abuse me on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and have made of me whatever I have thus far.
Hey, I kid... They are the most hardworking, underpaid, sweet bunch of women, who have given their all to make me better.
And I'm mostly better, which is better than I could have been, surely.
My mind is working, mostly, and my body is pretty much working (I can't talk about certain delicate issues in this blog, per Christine; email me if you need details), and I'm getting back to what passes for normal.
Christine, as noted earlier, has taken incredible care of me throughout, and whatever I am today I owe to her. Along with some serious diamonds, as I understand it...
I grow tired, alas, so I'm going to cut this first post short. More anon.
If you want to see more of Seymour, you need to leave some comments, however. I can blather on for awhile about what's going on in my life, but I'll do better if I hear from some of you.
Later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mark, am working late - as usual - and couldn't resist saying HI and WELCOME BACK!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Mark, you sound very much like yourself.
So, about this dead thing - no tunnels, no white lights, no long dead relative holding a hand out to lead the way?
Maybe it's the really dead who get the treatment.
Glad you didn't have to find out, but if you remember anything, do tell.

Anonymous said...

Mark - Glad your back! I was thinking about you all the way.... Mark email me the details?

Pete

Anonymous said...

I AM WAITING FOR THE WHOLE LENGTH BOOK ABOUT IT!

Anonymous said...

Now here's a guy doing a great imitation of Mark Seymour. Writes like him and everything. And he's really nailed the curmudgeonly attitude. Could be identity theft. Or is it identity recovery? Reminds me of a joke:

I asked my roommate, "What do you make of this?"

He said, "What?"

I said, "Someone broke into our apartment, stole everything, and replaced it with an exact duplicate."

He said, "Do I know you?"

Kat said...

Glad to see you back online.