Thursday, February 15, 2007

Evening

Mark was a little more chipper today, although he was awfully tired tonight and after dinner and his shower, was in bed by 6. When I left at 6:30 he was snoring.

Mark had his x-ray today. They do that to check the settings of his shunts. I didn't talk to Dr. Long but I'm assuming everything was okay. Unlike the hospital, they actually will look for you to give you updates. His CAT scan is tomorrow afternoon.

We had an exercise the other day in PT where I had to toss Mark the ball and ask him a math question and then he had to give me the answer when he tossed it back. They all laughed when I asked him what Pi was but they stopped when he gave me the right answer (and I could tell they didn't know it and they asked me if he was right - beats me but I did look it up and I know he got the 3.14 right). But then tonight when I asked him where he was he said a stadium. Well, we were sitting in a brightly lit room in uncomfortable chairs watching a big flat screen TV!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding, I have tried a few times to communicate via the
blog site, but I have not been able figure out how to do it; I suspect that
there may be quite a few of us that have attempted to make contact this way
and failed, many of us are just not up to date on the intricacy of internet
communications.

Chris, we all owe you a very large and heart felt THANK YOU for all that you
are doing. By allowing us to follow alone via the blog, you have given us
the ability see the ups and down of this very serious event in Mark's life.
It is so good to see that he is on the come back trail, we all miss him very
much. Accordingly, we are very confident that with you as Mark's guardian
angel, he will be fully recovered in short order.

Lastly, after speaking with others, it seems that most people have been
holding off visiting because they felt that they could possible be
infringing upon the visiting times of yourself and family members, or
possibly even interfering with Mark's care.

I look forward to meeting you, and once again, we all really appreciate your
super effort.

Sincerely,

Jim Worrell
Delaware Blues

Anonymous said...

Mark, you've got a front row seat to the greatest looney show in town. Stadium makes perfect sense!

Anonymous said...

Engineer's Cheer

e to the X
e to the X
e to the X, dX
Cosine, Secant, Tangent, Sine
3.14159
Engineers, Engineers, Yea!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Jim said!
We all in shooting land do miss Mark very much. Mark, you gotta keep up with everything and hurry back to us out here. Can't wait to see you at the range soon. And bring Chris...I'd love to meet such a fantastic person!

'Spensah'

Anonymous said...

Mark, I just returned from a week in your "Fav", St. Augustine. Great weather, seafood and Guiness draft. Returned to 10 deg. temp., 12" snow, covered with 2" of ice. Sat. night I was in the bar where you and Ben O. met. Met the leader of the Bilge Rats, through his Mom, who I met at O'Malley's Irish Pub. Tried to call you twice with no answer. Will try again soon.

ben_okopnik said...

@dick: Arrrgh. Of course you had to visit while we weren't there... Hopefully, next time we'll synchronize and do something that the little burg will talk about for the next fifty years. Or at least find some place for dinner. :)

Nice to see Mark working his way back at a steady rate!

-- Ben and Kat, still in LA (heading out on Saturday)