Thursday, December 07, 2006

Evening

You have the dubious honor of a guest editor tonight. I (Mark’s father) arrived from California this afternoon and found Mark perceptibly improved over my last visit. He had his usual evening body temperature control problems, but has added a new gesture to his vocabulary – a shoulder shrug which we interpret as being somewhere between a yes and a no. As much as he loves to talk, it must be incredibly frustrating to have that ventilator tube down his throat. Both Chris and I are feeling much more optimistic – largely based on the feedback from others with very similar problems who have recovered substantially all of their mental and physical capabilities. We are sure that the enormous ground swell of good thoughts from the small army of Mark’s friends has helped with the turn around. Keep it up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark - you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Denise & George

Anonymous said...

Everyone at BMS is thinking about Mark and his loved ones. Thank you for keeping us updated through this blog and the e-mails. We know it's hard to be patient, but brain injuries take time to heal. Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Dick,

I've been following this everyday. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark -

Just to leaving you a note to let you know that we're checking the blog regularly to keep tabs on how you're doing.

The days aren't the same without the amazingly mis-timed phone calls from you.

*HUGS*

--Kat

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Heard about your situation from Linda (Higgins) and wanted to let you know that I send all my best to you. It has been a long time since Claris days but I certainly remember all the great times we spent together and I certainly remember your wonderful humor. I will keep watching your progress. I am hoping to see McCammon, Kinser, Debbie Hodgson, Linda and Crhistie right after the holidays...1st time in a long time. We all send our best....

Get well soon....

Brian Bundy & Family

Anonymous said...

Well, I may not have left any footprints, 'til now, but I have been around, checking the blog, hoping against hope...before going back to biting my nails and brooding dark Celtic thoughts.

I don't know which is the worse: fear for my closest friend, or the feelings of helplessness that dance along with it. Not much to choose between.

Richard: glad to hear you're back in town, I'd love to hear from you.
508-646-8126
kelley02790@charter.net

I'm not sure from the blog how alert Mark is at the moment, but tell him I'm out here and much missing his on-the-way-home-from-work-calls. Seems that lately I'm always reading, or seeing something on the tube, and I'll think: "what's that about? I'll have to ask Mark next time I talk to him" Then I get snubbed up short when I realize I can't. So tell him to hang in, he's still my only connection to reasoned, intelligent conversation. Out here, conversations don't stray much beyond commercial fishing, sports, hunting and the weather. Not always in that order.

Tell him I'll post more often as soon as he can read them.