Thursday, January 04, 2007

Early Evening

A big thank you to my lovely boss Lisa, who's working extra hard to cover for me so I can get away to visit Mark as often as I can.

They had Mark hooked up to an EEG for over 12 hours. There was no seizure activity. At all. None. (I told you so)

They did a spinal tap to check for new bleeding and increased intracranial pressure. They were also planning to put another drain into his head. Dick asked them to be conservative. Good idea. They're waiting for the labs to come back on the fluid, but that also looks good because they didn't see any blood. His intracranial pressure was fine, they were going to put a drain in his spine to drain the excess fluid, but Dick said he didn't think they had to do it. (I told you so)

He's still out of it. They said the Ativan they gave him last night would knock him out. (They were right)

When I saw him this morning his feet were still - and they were warm. (I told you so)

I'll update again after my evening visit.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Right then. From now on out, I, for one, shall listen...

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, Mark.
Thought I would just check in to make sure Chris had indeed been able to vent her "I told you so" moment.
I'm also glad your dad is back there to help wade through the myriad of procedures and decisions which have to be made.
Sometimes a known loving voice and physical touch reach and connect. Since I can't physically be there it helps me knowing that folks who love you are.
Rest easy and wake up soon.
Love, Kevin