Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Evening

Mark is all settled in his room at rehab. He even had a shower tonight! They have a waterproof gurney that they roll right into the shower. After five week, I'm sure he loved every drop. His stitches have been removed along with his IV and the oxygen monitor on his finger, and all the leads to the heart and breathing monitors. I was finally able to get a big hug tonight. They even brushed his teeth.

Unlike the TV in the hospital which is mounted high on the wall and not at all mobile, he now has a TV like the overhead light at the dentist. It can be lowered, raised, swiveled, moved forward and back. I guess you all know where this is going.

Our visit ended earlier than I thought, but it was good to get home and to bed early.

I may not get a chance to visit tomorrow, but I’ll have Dick Seymour take over the blog for me for a few days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo, Mark! Great news about your progress. Happy New Year!...donna marie

Anonymous said...

this is copied from an email I received from Mark's guardian angel:

Hi Christine,

I just wanted to write and congratulate you and Mark on the move to rehab. It is wonderful to read about his progress every day. You must be thrilled considering where you were just a few weeks ago. I know there is still a long road ahead, but my, he is on his way!

Take good care of yourself,

Connie

Anonymous said...

Go Man Go! This is great, No, fantastic news. Yes I understand there is still a long road ahead. But you stormed the beaches, and the inland road to Paris, while full of snipers and mines is a cakewalk compared to those machine gun nests. I know you can pull this one off. So lets go! Hey, when they pull that damn trach collar off how about a good stiff Oben with me!

See you soon

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!

confetti! small fireworks! balloons! somersaulting dogs and leapfrogging monkeys!

YAY!

(Getting the idea that we're just a bit excited about this news?)

--Kat & Ben

Anonymous said...

It's truly great to hear about the progress you're making. We pray your progress continues.

Domis Reyes