Sunday, December 31, 2006

Evening

Today was the best day ever! Mark was wide awake when I arrived at 11 and was still awake when I left at 9. He was also the most aware that I've seen him since this all happened. We were having a nice little visit when his friend Doug arrived. When I told him that Doug was there, he turned his head with no effort and grinned the biggest smile I've seen yet. He was so exicted to have a visitor, and if that wasn't enough, Tina came to visit after Doug left. He had a really big day today.

And if that's not enough, the ventilator left his room tonight and he had no fever at all today. I gave him a good washing up which he didn't seem to mind at all. He seemed to have better control over the movement of his head and eyes tonight - the best I've seen so far. He even looked toward the TV, but I'm not sure he was interested in it.

Oh, I even bought the newspaper today and read him some. I think that's when he took a short nap. Then I tried People and it put us both to sleep.

Have a good New Year and a safe 2007!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, it's a few minutes after midnight - 2007 has begun. I've been working and thinking about you. I understand that you had the best day yet today - a good sign for the new year. I'm pleased that you are doing better and better. Way to go, M. Keep up the good work.Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to both of you!

May this coming year bring you both joy and fortune.

Kat & Ben

Anonymous said...

Way to go wildman.
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark & Chris!

This latest entry makes for a great beginning to the new year for sure! Keep up the good fight and we'll keep sending the positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs,
Dave & Meeka