Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Evening

Mark was awake again most of the day. His progress is so swift, he's almost back to his baseline prior to transferring to rehab. He has begun to wiggle his fingers (just a little), toes, opening his eyes on command and puckering up for a kiss. The thumbs up and the head nodding should be close behind. His head has been more centered and even his eyes aren’t always looking to the right. Now that he found the TV again (he was watching Law and Order tonight) he seemed to take a lot of interest in it.

I heard someone from Bryn Mawr Rehab was looking over Mark’s chart today. I think a transfer would be good for Mark.

Mark’s newest roommate has Alzheimer’s and is so vocal that I asked Mark’s room be changed. I’m not sure how lucky we’ll be with that one. I told Mark’s nurse that this man’s constant shouting was upsetting Mark, and the nurse looked past me to a serenely sleeping Mark. Glad I was wrong!

Thank you for your donations to the Angioma Alliance. Make sure to mention Mark’s name.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Breathing a little easier...

Anonymous said...

I second Kelly's comment, Big time!

Derrick