Sunday, January 07, 2007

Early Morning

I called Mark's nurse this morning at 4:30 and he had already been down for his CAT scan! I guess it pays to threaten. It wasn't read yet, but we won the most important part of the battle. I think the resident was pissed that we didn't do the procedure he recommended, when he wanted to do it. Oh well.

Mark's nurse last night was Toni, and she saw him a lot last weekend when he was doing so much better so she actually knew what to look for. I probably told you a while ago that Mark would always open his eyes when they suctioned him or when he had a coughing episode.

SO, THE GOOD NEWS IS that Mark was opening his eyes when he coughed throughout the night. And not just a little bit, but wide open. I still don't think he's responding much, but I'll take any grain of hope there is.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a wakeful cycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MSW, Come on, get up!! You can do it. I want to come and shake you, but now I have to bring Woody because of his booming low voice. Come on, lets all find a cool place to retire to and we can start our own artists commune. LON