Saturday, December 30, 2006

Early Evening

Well, everyday can't be a great day. Mark's temp was up to 101 today so he's been sweating a lot and sleepy, although we did manage to have a short conversation. I told him how much he's progressed since just last week and though he may not see a huge improvement, I have. So, I basically did the talking and he did the listening. I guess things haven't changed all that much in this relationship!

He's still getting ozygen into his trach although he hasn't been on the ventilator for over 48 hours. They're hoping to get his oxygen saturation level up to 100% without any extra oxygen, and right now he's in the mid 90% while receiving 40% oxygen.

There's no PT or OT on the weekends so there's no progress to report there, and due to the fever, they didn't get him out of bed today.

His fevers seem to take a break every other day so I expect him to have a good day tomorrow if anyone out there would like to visit. Maybe that's a little too gentle. Hell, you've got the next two days off, so let's see some of those friendly smiling faces! I'm sure it would make Mark's day.

1 comment:

Dick Seymour said...

Hi Mark,
Never has it been more apparent that anyone entering a hospital needs an advocat. You have the absolute best. Chris never hesitates to ask questions and she keeps at it until she has answers that make sense. She is dedicated to you and determined that you are properly cared for. She is caring and selfless.
I know that 2007 will be better for you both. And that's my New Years wish.
Love, E.O.S.M.