Saturday, December 30, 2006

Later Evening

I almost didn't go back to the hospital tonight because I was visiting my neighbor who had foot surgery and was having such a wonderful evening chatting and listening to music. But I called the hospital about 7:30 and when Mark's nurse told me he was awake and alert, I rushed right out. But by 8pm he must have had enough and had gone to sleep before I got there. He looked very comfortable and peaceful and I stayed a bit and gave him encouragement. He often wakes up when he coughs as he did tonight. Not only was he using his weaker left arm, but he was raising it and scratching his nose and fixing his mustache! And at one point he actually lifted his head off his pillow and turned his head. This was worth going back for. I only stayed till 9 because it was apparant that he wasn't in the mood for visitors.

I think I'll bring the newspaper tomorrow and read him some of the news. We'd love some company. Here's the address again: 9th & Walnut Sts. at the Jefferson Center for Neuroscience in center city Philadelphia. I promise to have the football game on if you stop by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using that left-wing! Way to go, Mark!

(Yes, I promise I'd be just as enthusiastic if it was your right-wing that needed more exercise.)

--Kat

meta mora farm said...

Chris - i can't believe i am saying this......this really hurts......GO Eagles! DTT (Redskins Fan)