Sunday, December 17, 2006

Evening

During our noon visit, it was clear Mark wanted to tell me something. So, I put a pen in his hand and put it up to a piece of paper and he wrote "take cuffs off". Since his earlier intervention with removing his ventriculostomy tube, they have kept wrist restraints on him. But he let me know he had an itch which I scratched and he seemed to be fine after that.

Mark was so awake and aware during that time that I actually called one of his friends to come for a short visit. Unfortunately, Mark slept through the entire visit.

They were debating whether to hook him up to the ventilator tonight to give him a rest. They said that he was breathing so well on his own, that they might keep him off of it.

I'm back to work part time so I'll probably only update at night when I get home from the hospital. Even though he's not up to "visiting" just yet, if you want to stop by to see him, give me a call after noon any day and we can schedule a short visit. My cell is 610.716.1791.

Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are getting back toward normal!

Anonymous said...

So, if he can use a pen, tell him to get started on Chapter 20. The suspense is killing me.